#2 What’s a good love quote to put in the wedding invitation?
Yup, I want to do this. I really like the idea of adding one, though my parents may not fully agree. A wedding is all about love, so why not a love quote? Any recommendations?
Here’s a summary of the ones that that I like, courtesy Twitter followers (thanks!) and Google:
- Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- What’s meant to be will always find a way
- I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever – Rabindranath Tagore
- Through the cycle of life,
in this world or in others,
wherever you lead me it is you,
the one companion of my endless life
who will ever link my heart
with bonds of joy to the undiscovered – Rabindranath Tagore
- Love begins in a moment, grows over time and lasts for eternity
- I could stay with you forever and never realise the time – a Bob Dylan song
- I asked for light, God gave me the sun, I asked for water, God gave me rain, I asked for happiness, and God gave me you
- For you I know I’d even try to turn the tide – Johnny Cash
- A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you
- If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you’ve made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand
- Then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils – William Wordsworth (thanks Swati!)
Many, many more recommendations needed please!
8 thoughts on “thedelhibride Asks…about Invitation Cards! #2”
no. 4 is good or try reading up Woodworth’s quotes.
I like number 2. I also want a quote for my invite, but I want a quote about daughters or maybe family tree, from my Daadu – he passed away a couple of years ago, and this is our tribute to him. We’re still looking….
I really like number 2 though – it’s very apt. Let me know if you come across any good “daughter” quotes
Like this one! not sure if your still looking and if it can be put on the card :
My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We’ll lock them up together,
And throw away the key.
Yeah still looking. I have 1-2 more days till timings of ceremonies get confirmed. So cards yet to be sent for printing.
Thx for the quote!
love your blog.. starting following it recently and it is so darn helpful! just one question, where did u get ur wedding invitation card done from?
it’ll be great if you could let me know!
Hi Divya! Thanks for your kind words 🙂 Got the invite from Jalebi Art at Chawri Bazaar in Chandni Chowk.
thank you so much for your prompt reply! will check the place out soon 🙂
So what quote did you finally pick? Sorry, going through your archives and refrained from commenting on things that have already happened but couldn’t help myself here lol